Sunday, August 24, 2008

Curly Hair Don't Care.



Actually mines does.So today after working for a few hours I finally ventured back into the Dominican salon. Yes they are open 7 days a week. But this time it was not for one their infamous blow outs (the thought of that heat makes me cringe!).

I was in desperate need of a trim ( my hair has not been cut since last spring-yikes) and why not a deep condition. I may have scared the poor woman, as they looked at my tight curls and coils, assuming I wanted a blow out. She proceeded to shampoo my hair, and then began detangling. So just to back to peddle, if I don't wash my hair at least every two days, it's a rats nest.After the detangling session I received a deep conditioning, and then the much needed trim. Success. My hair looked and felt like fluffy cotton. I didn't even realize that it had gotten so long, or in 'fro terms: BIG.

Let me make a beeline to the point. Now that my hair is natural, it CRAVES moisture, so much that I often "baggy" it in the winter (I will cover this at a later time). I went home to my stash of hair products, and pulled out old faithful.
Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme Love this stuff. It moisturizes without being to greasy, and the smell is HEAVENLY. I plan to use the Restorative Treatment mid week. I have been using Miss Jessies products since transitioning from a relaxer, and the products continue to be a fixture in my bathroom.There were rumors that the two sisters had a falling out,then infamous Curve Salon closed down. However as of August 9th they are back in business. It makes me warm and fuzzy! In a few more months I hope to get my hair cut there, where they will use the "angle- balance" method. If you are ever in Brooklyn, definitely look them up!

Yours in curls,

Carmen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to their website. I can't believe the before and after pics. Makes me want to grow my hair natural!

ms.Valarry said...

i love the products its just so expensive :(
-VaL