Friday, February 26, 2010

Carmen gets a HAIR CUT!!!

So as some of you may know....last Saturday I got a much needed hair cut!! I had a trim of not even a centimeter in summer 2008, and not a real hair cut in 3 years!!! sheesh! My hair was very big (the bigger the better for me), and thick, but as you can imagine, my ends were a mess, and we it needed shape, BADLY.

I went in on Saturday where the owner and stylist, Paulette, of Authentic Salon went to work on my mane. She first shampooed and then applied a conditioner. From there I sat under the steamer for about 20 minutes.After rinsing she blew my hair dry, so that she could acurately cut. After cutting she re-wet my hair to return it to to the naturally curly, kinky state. she then styled it as I described in my previous blog post.

Many of my friends were worried that I was going to have a lot of hair cut... You can tell by the pics it wasnt that much, and that it was definitely needed....I will go back regulary to prevent having to cut so much at one time.
After my hair was re-wet..She began to comb through or "shingle"
 amazing how water changes things ha? You would think I cut 8 inches!!!!


Hope you all enjoyed my pictures...let me know what you think and if you have questions about natural hair care...

oh and follow me....... :)

LFM

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Wow your hair is so pretty and healthy!!! Can't wait til I get that length!