Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wait....let me fix my hair!





I was recently asked by one of my good friends how did I style my hair while growing out my relaxer.It was kind of difficult to explain in 140 characters on twitter...So I thought it would be fitting to blog about it.Let me just start off by saying, I am not anti relaxer...I wore a relaxer for years.But one day I decided that I didn't want my hair bone straight any more.

That began a 10 month long transition.I would most often shampoo my hair once a week.Followed by a deep conditioner.After which I would 2-strand twists my hair back in about 10 twists. I then would sleep with a satin bonnet, the next day take down the twists.I pretty much did this the entire time.Occasionally I would pull it back on ponytail/bun.I never straightened it with heat, as you have to pretty much train your new growth to not be straight.
Several months in I needed a change, and decided to get hair sewn in. I wore this for a little over a month.

And a night before an interview in NYC I decided to take it out.Bad idea.After I removed all of the tracks I proceeded to wash my hair.Only to realize it was one HUGE dread lock.My bad for not combing and detangling before washing. With a 6am train to catch the following morning, I didn't have time to fight with my hair...I found scissors and I've been nappy every since!


LFM

No comments: